[LASA] LASA Meting Minutes September 18, 2008

Latin American Student Association lasa at lighthouse.valdosta.edu
Thu Sep 25 17:32:57 EDT 2008

LATIN AMERICAN STUDENT ASSOCIATION

Meeting Minutes
September 18,2008

Opening:

The regular meeting of the Latin American Student Association was called to
order at 5:50pm on 9/18/08 in West Hall rm. 138.

Present:

Amanda Stone, Allison Hatchell, Christopher Roquemore, Amber Lovelace,
Christy Johnson

A.        Approval of Agenda

The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.

B.        Approval of Minutes

The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as
distributed.

C.        Open Issues

*	Payment of dues
*	Starting of Toy Drive
*	Planning of an event

D.        New Business

*	Movie night September 26th at 6pm will be our first event

-Reserve rm in UC or BC

-Movie Ideas: Selena, Panslabryth, Ameile, Life is Beautiful, etc.

-People bring ideas for movies to next meeting

-Create flyers to hang up because it's open to the public

*	Where to have people drop toys off.  We decided to get permission
from professors to put a box in each office.

-Children's Healthcare of Atlanta -Scottish Wright center

-Maybe have a few representatives from LASA go up and hand deliver toys
personally instead of shipping them and meet with some of the children.

E.        Agenda for Next Meeting

*	Decide about paying the guitarist back for coming during Hispanic
Heritage Month ? $350

Adjournment:

Meeting was adjourned at 6:36 by Amanda Stone. The next general meeting will
be at 5:30pm on 9/25/08 in West Hall rm 138.

Minutes submitted by:                              Allison Hatchell

Patricia A. Stone

Senior Secretary

Modern and Classical Languages

Valdosta State University