[IPCmte-L] Hilgert Puzzle Book

Barbara Gray bhgray at valdosta.edu
Wed Oct 10 11:08:10 EDT 2007

All,

Larry Hilgert (who has finally emerged from an accreditation preparation
assignment) has provided additional documentation to support his claim that
the Puzzle Book was an individual effort.  I am attaching a .pdf that
provides a statement from his department head indicating that the effort was
not assigned, supported, or directed by the university.  Also included are
receipts for purchase of supplies and materials for the project that are
personal cash and credit card transactions.

I believe we need to take some formal action, which we agreed to do via this
listserv.  If you are ready to take a vote and wish to designate Larry et
al's Puzzle Book IP as "Individual Effort" in which he and colleagues have
100% ownership rights, we will need a motion, a second, and then a vote.
May I consider the first return email I get as the motion, the second as the
second, and any other affirmative responses as aye votes?  Of course, if any
of you still have concerns, do share them with the rest of us and we will
consider that discussion.

Once we close out this matter, I will provide meeting minutes.

Thanks.

Barbara

Ms. Barbara H. Gray

Director of Grants & Contracts