[I-O Psych] Fw: Jefferson County Human Resources Department Graduate Assessor Program

Jeremy A. Bauer jabauer at valdosta.edu
Mon May 30 15:24:39 EDT 2022

FYI
________________________________
From: Larry P Wiley <lwiley at valdosta.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:32 AM
To: Jeremy A. Bauer <jabauer at valdosta.edu>
Subject: Fwd: Jefferson County Human Resources Department Graduate Assessor Program

Larry Wiley
3301 Double Eagle Lane
Opelika, Alabama 36801
(229) 561-0717
________________________________
From: Carlisle, April <Carlislea at jccal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 10:01:46 AM

Delivered From External Sender
________________________________

Good morning,

I hope that your day is going well so far. I was hoping to get some assistance with recruiting some assessors/students who would be interested in participating in the process below. Our registration rate is a little low as of today. You may have received an email from me previously regarding our in-person assessment, but we will be conducting a virtual assessment for the month of June due to the Olympic games that will be taken place in Birmingham, Alabama. They will begin road closures one week prior to the start of the event and we don’t want the assessors to experience any travel issues.

Here’s a recap of the graduate assessor program. We currently hire individuals based off their performance during a structured interview process.  In order to accurately and effectively assess the candidates’ performance in these selection processes, we are recruiting graduate students who are enrolled in Industrial/Organizational, Human Resources, or Organizational Behavior Master and/or PhD programs or any individual that has employee selection assessment experience to assist in the final assessment of these candidates.  Assessors will receive training regarding the assessment process which includes how to complete scoring of the candidates.

The success of our process hinges on our ability to recruit highly competent individuals to assist in this assessment. The assessment provides several other benefits, such as

• The opportunity to assist a governmental agency and to closely observe and learn about various selection processes and assessment centers.

• Extensive training on employee selection assessment.

• Valuable applied experience serving as an assessor for a variety of jobs.

• The opportunity to meet, work, and interact with a variety of individuals in similar areas of study from around the country, while at the same time enjoying the sights and culture of Birmingham.

  *   Per diem
  *   The ability to work at a self-pace as long as assignments are completed before the deadline.

If you or your students are interested in gaining valuable applied experience in the field of employee selection by assisting, please feel free to contact me by email at carlislea at jccal.org<mailto:carlislea at jccal.org>. I have also included the registration link below. Thank you in advance for your assistance with this process.

Registration Link: https://forms.gle/AaeQofkLeVF43xsUA<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FAaeQofkLeVF43xsUA&data=05%7C01%7Cjabauer%40valdosta.edu%7Cfa9c4f352a64473da46c08da3d9a8f20%7C25a5d3408abc4053b4bddc1213280353%7C0%7C0%7C637890031310668710%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=dlqp4iFBfMojDm81cF%2BeKtN%2B2MD1u4hWU0W%2BXnZe4P0%3D&reserved=0>

Cordially,

April C. Carlisle

Jefferson County Human Resources Department

Employee Selection Division

Room 600A

205-583-8326

carlislea at jccal.org<mailto:carlislea at jccal.org>