[I-O Psych] Fwd: Request for Submissions - GAIOP Graduate Student Consortium

Jeremy Bauer jabauer at valdosta.edu
Fri Mar 9 11:23:52 EST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Donna L. Sylvan, PhD <dlsylvan at sylvanandassociates.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 1:31 PM
Subject: Request for Submissions - GAIOP Graduate Student Consortium
To: tconklin at gsu.edu <tconklin at gsu.edu>, jabauer at valdosta.edu <
jabauer at valdosta.edu>, pbarr3 at gsu.edu <pbarr3 at gsu.edu>, hoffmanb at uga.edu <
hoffmanb at uga.edu>, lisalambert at gsu.edu <lisalambert at gsu.edu>,
ruth.kanfer at psych.gatech.edu <ruth.kanfer at psych.gatech.edu>
Cc: programs at gaiop.org <programs at gaiop.org>

Program Directors,

As you may be aware, the Georgia Association for Industrial and
Organizational Psychology (GAIOP) is a nonprofit professional organization
created to promote the sharing of ideas and information about psychology as
applied to work and human resource management.

GAIOP offers professional development programs, including continuing
education workshops cosponsored with the Society for Industrial and
Organizational Psychology (SIOP). In *September 2018*, we plan to offer an
inaugural Graduate Student Consortium highlighting graduate student
research. *The Consortium will held in Atlanta, GA.*

We are writing to ask that you post and/or e-mail the attached call for
proposals so interested students in your program may submit their research
for consideration. *The submission deadline is March 30, 2018*.

The goals of this program are to:

a) help provide exposure to the high caliber academic programs in
Industrial-Organizational Psychology and Human Resources Management across
Georgia;

b) offer graduate students an opportunity to share their research with a
broad audience, fine tune their presentation skills and receive feedback
from the audience, and network with other researchers; and,

c) provide an opportunity for attendees to gain an understanding of current
and emerging research within the field of I-O psychology and identify
potential areas for collaboration across research and practice in the
Georgia I-O community.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the Graduate Student
Consortium or GAIOP. We appreciate your assistance and look forward to
hearing from your students.

Kind regards,

Donna L. Sylvan, Ph.D.

President