[I-O Psych] Fwd: Jefferson County Commission Human Resources Assessor Volunteers

Jeremy Bauer jabauer at valdosta.edu
Mon Jul 10 12:10:42 EDT 2017

A great opportunity!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jones, Joseph <jonesj at jccal.org>
Date: Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Subject: Jefferson County Commission Human Resources Assessor Volunteers
Cc: "Allman, Rance" <allmanr at jccal.org>, "Freed, Sarah" <freeds at jccal.org>

Hello!

My name is Ryan Jones, and I am writing to you on behalf of the Jefferson
County Commission Human Resources Department in Birmingham, Alabama
regarding an opportunity for your Graduate Students to gain hands-on
experience in a real work setting with Personnel Selection professionals.
We would like to invite your Graduate Students to develop experience in
assessing the interview responses of candidates for jobs within Jefferson
County Commission.  Our objective is to develop a positive, ongoing
partnership with your school that will be beneficial for each of us.

As the Jefferson County Human Resources Department prepares to recruit
assessors
to assist in our selection procedures for multiple positions, I am seeking
your help in recruiting assessor volunteers for our upcoming selection and
hiring test assessment.  In order to accurately and effectively assess the
candidates’ performance in these selection processes, we are recruiting
graduate students who are enrolled in *Industrial/Organizational, Human
Resources*, or *Organizational Behavior* Master and/or PhD programs or any
individual who has employee selection assessment experience to assist in
the final assessment of these candidates.  The assessment centers permit
individuals to demonstrate their knowledge and competence related to these
jobs through structured interviews.  Assessors will receive training
regarding the assessment process which includes how to complete scoring of
the candidates.

The success of our process hinges on our ability to recruit highly
competent individuals to assist in this assessment.  Although we are unable
to provide a stipend to the assessors that we recruit to assist in this
process, the assessment does provide a number of other benefits to
individuals who graciously agree to volunteer such as:

Ø  Obtain hands-on training for your professional development

Ø  Network with employees of Jefferson County Commission

Ø  Learn about and gain training on selection and hiring procedures in the
public sector

Ø  Enhance graduate’s resume with this unique experience

If you or your students are interested in gaining valuable applied
experience in the field of employee selection by assisting or if you would
like more information, please feel free to contact me at jonesj at jccal.org.

Also, I have attached a flyer that you can use to post and share with
others who may be interested in this exciting opportunity.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this process.

Kindest regards,

*J. Ryan Jones, **M.P.A.*

Personnel Technician | Human Resources |  Jefferson County Commission

Suite B-305 716 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. North, Birmingham, AL 35203

jonesj at jccal.org | (p) 205.583.8326 ext. 1039 <(205)%20583-8326> | (f)
205-716-2683 <(205)%20716-2683>