[asiacouncil] Fw: Minutes from the January 2016 meeting

David L Starling dstarlin at valdosta.edu
Wed Jan 11 16:42:10 EST 2017

Good Afternoon:

  Attached are the minutes for the Sept 30, 2016 meeting.  Please review so we can approve at the meeting coming on on the 27th of January.

A few highlights:

Japan will be the focus of the Asia Council workshop this year.  Eric Kendrick is heading up the organization.   Dates TBA

We voted (again) to make the Asian Studies Certificate available to schools which don't offer Asian languages.  Eric Kendrick (our champion) will draft language for approval, as well.

Several members are going to the Asian Studies Development Conference in Portland, Oregon - March 2-4  - it sounds like a great conference.

Website: http://www.eastwestcenter.org/education/asian-studies-development-program/national-conference/2017-asdp-national-conference

Additionally, if you have items for discussion for the January 27th meeting, please let us know.

Sincerely,

David Starling
Chair
Asia Council, University System of Georgia
Valdosta State University
1500 North Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Tel. 229-219-1246