[asiacouncil] Asia Council Workshop

David L Starling dstarlin at valdosta.edu
Wed Apr 12 13:32:47 EDT 2017

Good Afternoon:

The Asia Council would like to thank everyone that participated, organized, and help spread the word about the workshop for your part in making it a success.  A special thanks to the University formerly known as Perimeter College and Eric Kendrick Kendrick for taking the lead on organizing the workshop.

We had a number of great speakers - Adam Lyons of Harvard, Yoshi Domoto from the Japan-America Society of Georgia, Brian Woodall of Georgia Tech, Masako Mori of UGA, and Cheryl Crowley of Emory - who know we had some much expertise in Georgia.

The workshop also included an excellent performance of the Atlanta Taiko Project - a unique blend of Japanese Taiko and modern beats from hip-hop to Samba.  There was an Origami demonstration, a calligraphy session, a Bonsai tree display, and a number of great poster presentations.

I have posted a few pictures below -

A topic for the workshop next year hasn't been officially discussed yet, so we welcome your input.  Contact your Asia Council representative if you have ideas.

In the meantime, let us know if you have events that you would like for us to publicize!

Sincerely,

[cid:cdadc4ab-ff1c-40c9-86c5-80c623a8f8bd]

[cid:1916df9d-8434-4b7d-aecb-9fd836456941]

[cid:e3c91bec-1977-4fa9-9e7a-e97ef2bef9b0]

David Starling
Chair, Asia Council
Tel. 229-219-1246