[LASA] January 29, 2009 Meeting of the Latin American Student Association

Latin American Student Association lasa at lighthouse.valdosta.edu
Wed Feb 4 07:52:06 EST 2009

LATIN AMERICAN STUDENT ASSOCIATION

Meeting Minutes
January 29, 2009

Opening:

The regular meeting of the Latin American Student Association was called to
order at 5:00 on January 29, 2009 in West Hall room 138

A.        Approval of Agenda

The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.

B.        Approval of Minutes

The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as
distributed.

C.        Open Issues

*	Organization name change
*	New officers

D.        New Business

§  Officers were elected and goes as followed:

-President: Maria Vasquez

-Vice President:  Alma Carderas

-Secretary: Allison Hatchell

-Treasurer: Chris Roquemore

*	Select a formal meeting date and time.

*Meetings will be held every Thursday and 530pm.  Location TBA

*	Dues need to be paid by February 17th in the amount of $10.  The
money can be taken to the MCL office and given to Patricia Stone or giving
directly to the treasurer, Chris Roquemore.  Address and comments and
questions about dues to Chris Roquemore

-caroquemore at valdosta.edu

*	Discussion of creating a facebook group
*	Maintain volunteer hours minimum of 5hrs.
*	Discussion of Latin Dancing February 25, 2009 (7pm-9pm). Make effort
to reserve UC cypress room or Las Banderas.  Contact President, Maria
Vasquez

-tmvasquez at valdosta.edu

*	Discussion of participating in the Azaela International Festival,
March 5,6,7.  Need participants from 6am to 6pm.  Contact Beatriz Potter for
details.

-bpotter at valdosta.edu

*	Getting to know members of the organization.  February 20, 2009 at
6pm we will have our traditional monthly dinner outing.  Places of
suggestion are as followed:  Sonias Cuban Restaurant, Mambos, Valdez Family
Restaurant, etc.  Bring more suggestions.
*	Creating a Scholarship to appropriate our funds.
*	T-Shirt design

E.                 Agenda for Next Meeting

*	Create Facebook group
*	Pick Restaurant for the dinner
*	Bring in 2 criteria for scholarship participants
*	Bring in ideas for t-shirt design and logo design
*	Work on creating a webpage and/or updating the current webpage.

Adjournment:

Meeting was adjourned at 6:00pm by President, Maria Vasquez. The next
general meeting will be at 530pm on February 5, 2009, location TBA.  Read
VSU accounts for updates of a meeting location.

Minutes submitted by:                              Allison Hatchell