[Cpae] CALL FOR PAPERS--AEE EXTRA

Elizabeth Haller pandj27 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 13:44:23 EDT 2003

CALL FOR PAPERS
ACADEMIC EXCHANGE EXTRA
http://asccsa.unco.edu/students/AE-Extra/index.html
A MONTHLY PEER-REVIEWED ON-LINE FORUM

Submissions are invited from undergraduates, graduates, and educators for
Academic Exchange Extra (Editor-in-Chief, Karen Heise).

Extra presents ideas, research methods, and pedagogical theories leading to
effective instruction and learning regardless of level, subject or context.
We also seek cogent essays, poetry and fiction.
Articles to 6,000 words on theory, practice and administration of education
across the full range of humanities and social science-based approaches are
welcomed. Possible theoretical frameworks include: critical pedagogy,
postcolonial race theory, postmodernism, feminist theory, and other cultural
studies and perspectives. The use of a theoretical lens is encouraged but
not required; see options for other submission types below. We are also
interested in social and cultural issues as they intersect with education.
We prefer to include an array of diverse material each month, though
thematic issues may be considered.

Cogent essays up to 2,500 words are encouraged. Topics may include, but are
not limited to, the following suggestions:
•	distance learning
•	e-communities and socialization
•	community college retention and transfer
•	service learning
•	remedial education
•	affirmative action
•	marginalized or minority viewpoints and experiences
•	tenure and post-tenure review
•	urban education and issues of student inequality
•	postmodernism and education
•	canonical revision/non-revision

We seek poetry to 50 lines, in traditional or free verse forms, and fiction
to 4,500 words is also encouraged.

Subject matter for poetry and fictions is unlimited; however, we will not
publish inflammatory or libelous works, or works deemed otherwise
inappropriate for this journal.

GUIDELINES AND SUBMISSION DEADLINE
Submissions should follow any standard bibliographic guideline citing full
details. Send your submission as a Word Document (.doc) or Rich Text Format
(.rtf) attachment. To be considered for the next issue, papers need to be
received by the 20th of the preceding month. Publication date is intended to
be the 1st of each month. Please include a current short bio that identifies
the author's contact information (e-mail and telephone), school/departmental
affiliation(s), and position(s) (e.g., student level, instructor, professor
and/or administrator).

Send electronic submissions to:
Karen Heise, University of Northern Colorado, USA (e-mail:
kheise2000 at yahoo.com)