[asiacouncil] Fwd: EVENT: Japanese Anime Industry Virtual Panel Discussion- Oct. 21 at 11AM

Eric Spears spears_eric at columbusstate.edu
Fri Oct 8 13:09:43 EDT 2021

FYI.
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lolade Owokoniran <lowokoni at kennesaw.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 at 18:01
Subject: EVENT: Japanese Anime Industry Virtual Panel Discussion- Oct. 21
at 11AM
To: <GAIE-EMAIL at listserv.uga.edu>

Dear GAIE colleagues,

We invite you to join Kennesaw State University’s (KSU) Division of Global
Affairs’ first *Consular Connections* *Virtual Panel Discussion *on
*Thursday,* * October 21st from 11:00AM-12:00PM**. *These series of events
were created to give the Greater Atlanta community the opportunity to learn
more about different countries and world topics from global Ambassadors
appointed in the United States.  The Japanese Anime Industry - which
includes movies, TV shows, and merchandise – has a market of over $24
billion and has grown consistently in popularity for the last few decades.
Our esteemed guest speaker and Consul General of Japan in Atlanta, Kazuyuki
Takeuchi, will share his perspectives on this leading industry and how it
has impacted our world economically and socially.  KSU faculty member, Dr.
Amber Hutchins, will also sit on the panel and share her thoughts on the
topic.  You don’t want to miss out on the chance to attend this event.

*To register, please use the following link: https://bit.ly/3kK4jjz
<https://bit.ly/3kK4jjz>*. Feel free to share this information with others.

We are also hosting a unique opportunity for students to meet and converse
with the Consul General of Japan during the “Youth Conversation Session”
from 1:00PM-2:00PM.  You can register for this event using the same link
copied above.  *Please note that ONLY students are able to attend the Youth
Conversation session.*

----

*Lola Owokoniran, M.P.H.*
*Program Manager*

Kennesaw State University | Division of Global Affairs

3391 Town Point Dr NW, Suite 2800
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/3391+Town+Point+Dr+NW,+Suite+2800+%0D%0AKennesaw,+GA+30144?entry=gmail&source=g>

Kennesaw, GA 30144
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/3391+Town+Point+Dr+NW,+Suite+2800+%0D%0AKennesaw,+GA+30144?entry=gmail&source=g>