[asiacouncil] Kudos to Salli Vargis

Eric Kendrick ekendrick at gsu.edu
Wed Apr 21 17:03:07 EDT 2021

Asia Council colleagues:

Join me in congratulating our own Salli Vargis.  You all know of her accomplishments in the field of Asian Studies, but her contributions at Perimeter College over the years go far beyond this.  A few years ago, Salli won the Cole Fellow, Perimeter's highest honor.  I just finished watching a live stream of our annual Academic and Co-curricular Awards ceremony, and Salli was recognized as Co-curricular Advisor of the Year for her work with Phi Theta Kappa, an honor society, as well as for her support of students with the Jack Kent Cooke scholarship program.  Perimeter is one of the top two-year colleges in the country in terms of recipients (and finalists and semi-finalists) of this prestigious scholarship, with a good number of them nominated by Salli in what in what is a very rigorous and time-consuming effort.

If anyone else has news to share about themselves regarding honors, recognition, or accomplishments, feel free to send it to me to share with all our Asia Council colleagues.

Again, congrats to Salli!

Eric Kendrick

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D736D0.320736B0]

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D736D0.320736B0]