[asiacouncil] Fwd: AIEA: CDC Warning for all of China

Eric Spears spears_eric at columbusstate.edu
Tue Jan 28 13:27:39 EST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Darla Deardorff <d.deardorff at aieaworld.org>
Date: Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 1:26 PM
Subject: AIEA: CDC Warning for all of China
To: aieamembers <aieamembers at aieaworld.org>

>From our colleagues at NAFSA and of possible interest to AIEA members -
Darla Deardorff, AIEA

Dear Colleagues,

In case you have not yet received notice, I wanted to draw attention to the
fact that the CDC has issued aLevel 3 warning
<https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/warning/novel-coronavirus-china> for
all of China, advising against non-essential travel there. CDC advisories
may not be part of your institution's international travel risk policies,
so this may be an unusual risk indicator for you to consider, in addition
to the Department of State advisory for China
<https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/china-travel-advisory.html>,
which was also updated today.

Wishing each of you the best as we collectively navigate the difficult
conversations around mobility that these updates are certain to engender-
and of course keeping our colleagues and partners in China in our thoughts
as they navigate a difficult situation at home.

Jason Hope
Director of International Health, Safety & Security
University of Kentucky
Co-Chair, EAKC Health & Safety Subcommittee

*Dr. Darla K. Deardorff, Executive Director*
*d.deardorff at aieaworld.org <d.deardorff at aieaworld.org>*

--
Eric Spears, PhD
https://ericspears.us