[asiacouncil] SCIE & Asia Council Meetings: January 29, 2021

Eric Spears spears_eric at columbusstate.edu
Wed Dec 9 12:53:33 EST 2020

Dear Fellow Asian Enthusiasts,

Congratulations on completing a most unusual and unprecedented semester!

Tammy Rosner from the USG International Office sent the following email to
all campuses about the upcoming System Council for International Education
(SCIE) meeting and its corresponding Regional Council meetings.

The Asia Council will meet on January 29th at 2:00 p.m.  A link to the
meeting will be set up by the USG office at a later day.  I will forward
that to you when I receive it.  In the meantime, please mark your calendar
and think of items to discuss.

*One important item on the agenda: a new chair must be elected*.  This is
my last year of chairing the committee.

And, please help me bring additional members to this council.  It would be
great (and easier) to have more faculty involvement throughout the USG now
that we can meet electronically.

Best wishes for a restful and peaceful holiday season.

Eric Spears, PhD
Chair of the Asia Council

Good morning,

Please remember that the next SCIE meeting is planned for * January 29,
2021,* from 10:00 to 3:30, per the schedule listed below. More information
regarding agendas and the meeting links will be shared soon. Please note
that a new meeting specific to International Student Admission issues will
be held at 2:00 for those interested.

*10:00     Welcome and check-in by sector **

   - Research * (link coming soon)*
   - Comprehensive *(link coming soon)*
   - State University *(link coming soon)*
   - State College *(link coming soon)*

*10:15     Full SCIE Meeting*

   - USG Updates *(link coming soon)*
   - UN Sustainability Goals
      - Presentation by Binbin Jiang, Kennesaw State University

*11:00     Break*

*11:15     Sub-Committee Meetings*

   - CISS *(link coming soon)*
   - SAC *(link coming soon)*

*12:00     Break*

*1:00       USG Goes Global Summer 2021 Programs Review **(link coming
soon)*

*2:00       World Regional Councils*

   - European Council *(link coming soon)*
   - Asia Council *(link coming soon)*
   - Americas Council *(link coming soon)*
   - Africa Council *(link coming soon)*
   - Middle East Council *(link coming soon)*

*CISS/Admissions Collegial Conversation* *(link coming soon)*

*3:30        Meetings End*

**Research Universities:*

Georgia Institute of Technology

University of Georgia