[asiacouncil] Fwd: East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship, Now Accepting Applications

Eric Spears spears_eric at columbusstate.edu
Wed Sep 11 17:01:03 EDT 2019

*Colleagues: of possible interest to your students. - Eric *

From: Ann Hartman <HartmanA at EastWestCenter.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 1:14 AM
To: Dona Cady <CADYD at middlesex.mass.edu>, "JSheetzNguyen at uco.edu" <
JSheetzNguyen at uco.edu>
Cc: "Mak-Lavy, Kanika" <maklavyk at EastWestCenter.org>, Peter Hershock
<HershocP at EastWestCenter.org>
Subject: EXTERNAL- East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship, Now
Accepting Applications

Dear Dona and Jessica,

Aloha and warm greetings from Honolulu! I hope that you both are well.

Our EWC Graduate Degree Fellowships are now accepting applications for the
Fall 2020-2021 Academic Year. The deadline is December 1, 2020. Students
must also submit their application to the University of Hawaii Graduate
Division by that time.

Below is a short blurb that you can share with colleagues in your ASDP
networks and I’ve attached a flyer that you can pass along. The Fellowship
is a wonderful opportunity for American students with an interest in Asia
and the Pacific, or for students from Asia and Oceania pursuing graduate
study in the US.

Please let me know if there is any further information I can provide. Many
sincere thanks in advance for sharing this information widely through your
various networks.

Sincerely,

Ann

Ann Hartman | Dean, Education Program | East-West Center | (808) 944-7619 |
www.eastwestcenter.org/education<http://www.eastwestcenter.org/education>

East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowships—Now Accepting Applications for
the 2020-2021 Academic Year!

What: Funding to cover two years of tuition for master’s or PhD study at
the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, housing in EWC residence halls, health
insurance subsidy, book allowance and small living stipend. Study can be in
any academic field but student must have a commitment to the Asia Pacific
region.

Who: Candidates must be citizens of the United States or one of the Asia
Pacific countries listed on the website. We seek students with a
demonstrated commitment to community building and a focus on the Asia
Pacific region.

Where: Fellows will live in residence at the East-West Center in Honolulu
and be an active participant in the Center’s dynamic multicultural
community. Please visit our website for more information about our dynamic
community: www.eastwestcenter.org/education<
http://www.eastwestcenter.org/education>

When: Deadline for applications is December 1, 2020 for the 2020-2021
Academic Year. Students must simultaneously apply to the University of
Hawaii at Manoa.

How: Please visit our website for detailed information about the Fellowship
and how to apply:
https://www.eastwestcenter.org/education/ewc-graduate-degree-fellowship

Click here to begin exploring the many graduate programs at the University
of Hawai‘i at Mānoa : http://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/