[asiacouncil] Dinner Bell

Paul Rodell rodell at georgiasouthern.edu
Sat Jan 27 20:51:47 EST 2018

Hello David + Asia Council,
     After this Friday's meeting Salli, George and I asked those of you who
stuck around for a few minutes after the meeting if you might want to get
something to eat before driving home. Many people, unfortunately, either
had spouses they were meeting or commitments that demanded they depart
immediately. While milling about more than one individual lamented the
closing of the Indian restaurant buffet located near the Macon State campus
where many of us use to eat lunch before the Asia Council meeting.

     We have good news.

     When driving around on Eisenhower Parkway (the highway in front of
Macon State) in search of a suitable place for dinner, we discovered the
"Dinner Bell" restaurant. Though not having a name that is remotely South
Asian, the restaurant is very much an Indian restaurant. We had dinner
there and I think I can say we give it three thumbs up. They also have a
lunch buffet starting at 11:30 Tu-Sun. Although the food from the lunch
time was no longer out, we examined the labels on the buffet glass shield
and it was mouth watering. And . . . we certainly know the evening food was
very good. The price for the lunch buffet (which I forget at the moment)
was also very reasonable (as was dinner) and in the range of the former
restaurant. The physical facility of this restaurant was also FAR more
appealing and clean than the old place.

     The address of the Dinner Bell  is 3892 Eisenhower Parkway. But, the
restaurant is not obvious from the Parkway. If you are on Eisenhower going
south from Macon State in the direction of I-75 the restaurant is on your
right and is tucked into a strip mall development that is nearly devoid of
storefronts. You have to keep your eyes sharp. There are a couple of more
obviously labeled Indian establishments in the strip mall, but the most
prominent business is a major health care store front facility. Entrance to
the strip mall is gained by turning right at the light on the far corner of
the strip mall (I-75 side). Then, make a quick right turn into the mall
parking area. See also, Dinnerbellmacon.com for their menu and such plus a
map at the very bottom of the site.

     We are a LONG way off from a Fall Semester meeting and I can resend
this message later.
          Paul Rodell