[asiacouncil] Workshop Proposal

David L Starling dstarlin at valdosta.edu
Tue Sep 19 08:41:59 EDT 2017

________________________________
From: Eric Kendrick <ekendrick at gsu.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2017 6:53 PM

Subject: Workshop Proposal

Asia Council colleagues:

I think the proposal by Paul and Jonathan is indeed timely, and would be a great kick-off for a new theme-based approach to our annual workshops.  As such, I withdraw the Science & Technology theme for consideration for 2018, and will submit it at a later time.  If we were to hold the workshop at Perimeter College – Clarkston Campus, as we have several times in the past, we might even find a way to tap into the Rohingya community in Clarkston, which is one of the primary refugee resettlement areas in the U.S.

http://www.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/georgia-becomes-new-home-for-persecuted-muslim-minority-from-myanmar/9gNKU6qkC3LAh0zFSh5PpO/

Georgia becomes new home for persecuted Muslim minority ...<http://www.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/georgia-becomes-new-home-for-persecuted-muslim-minority-from-myanmar/9gNKU6qkC3LAh0zFSh5PpO/>
www.myajc.com
Georgia becomes new home for persecuted Muslim minority from Myanmar

https://www.facebook.com/rohingya.ga.usa/

[https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-1/p200x200/12745483_1657842831147997_7482418668593918651_n.jpg?oh=f379787c57ffc54d8ac91418eddb6b2e&oe=5A5A5011]<https://www.facebook.com/rohingya.ga.usa/>

Burmese Rohingya Community Of Georgia Inc - Home | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/rohingya.ga.usa/>
www.facebook.com
Burmese Rohingya Community Of Georgia Inc, Clarkston, Georgia. 1,242 likes · 57 talking about this · 6 were here. The Burmese Rohingya Community Of...

Eric Kendrick