[asiacouncil] Asia Council Meeting Sept. 30th.

David L Starling dstarlin at valdosta.edu
Tue Aug 30 10:02:06 EDT 2016

Good Morning:

This is a reminder that we have an Asia Council Meeting September 30th at 1:00 at Middle Georgia State University - PSC Room 239.  There is an SCIE meeting prior to that.  I'll send out the agenda soon.

One of the most important discussion points will be the Faculty Development Workshop for 2017.   There were several interesting ideas last year- one was to do the workshop as topical instead of country based.  For example, we would do religious traditions in Asia,  Chinese economic power and influence in the region, or simply stay with the country model.

Please take some time to think about possibilities and also consider how deeply involved you want to be.  We will need a committee once a topic has been selected.

New study abroad programs?  Asia center events?  If you have any agenda items to be included, please let me know.

Thanks,

David Starling
Chair, Asia Council
Valdosta State University